Vocal Jazz Performance for Teens (ages 13 – 18)
A performance course for high school students interested in jazz singing. Whether you are preparing for college auditions, scholarship competitions, jazz summer programs or just want to have fun singing jazz, this course is for you!
Topics covered include:
- vocal technique: healthy warm-ups, breath support, developing vocal quality and strength
- jazz repertoire: building a song list that every jazz singer should know
- interpretation: jazz phrasing, using emotion and finding your own voice
- rhythm section communication: how to work effectively with instrumentalists by singing with a professional jazz trio
- vocal jazz history: exploring the various styles of jazz singers through emphasis on listening
Max Enrollment: 8
SPRING: 4/4 – 6/9 (10 weeks)
Thursdays 4:45 – 6:15 pm
Ellen Johnson (w/trio) $415
A consultation or audition is required for enrollment in this class. Please email email@example.com or call 510-845-5373 for more information on how to register for this class.
Vocal R&B and Pop Performance for Teens
(ages 13 – 18)
Learn pop and R&B songs while improving vocal tone and performance skills. This class is a blend of vocal technique and repertoire building for the young singer. Healthy singing techniques and lots of new songs are introduced in each class. There is a performance at the end of the quarter. All levels are welcome, for ages 13 – 18. Maximum enrollment: 10.
SPRING: 4/3 – 6/5 (10 weeks)
Wednesdays, 4:45 – 6:15 pm
Kyra Gordon $395