Student Code of Conduct
The Jazzschool Institute is committed to providing our collegiate community of students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to the freedom to teach and to learn — a setting that promotes intellectual freedom, nurtures individual creativity and self-expression and is free from discrimination of any kind. Violations of the Student Code of Conduct include but are not limited to the following on-campus acts:
- Verbal, physical or written harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, handicap, gender, sexual orientation or other
- Use or sale of illegal drugs
- Alcohol intoxication
- Smoking within 50 feet of campus
- Disorderly conduct of any kind
- Non-consensual physical contact of a sexual nature
- Damaging or defacing Jazzschool Instituteproperty or resources
- Theft or attempted theft
- Possession of weaponry of any kind
All alleged infractions of the Student Code of Conduct should be reported to the Dean of Instruction in writing. The Dean will thoroughly review the allegations for their veracity. Proof of violation of any aspect of the Student Code of Conduct will result in reprimand, suspension or dismissal depending on the seriousness of the offense.
Students enrolled in the Jazzschool Institute are upheld to the highest standards of con- duct, and who as citizens within our society, must obey federal, state and local laws.